How We Solve Huntsville Wildlife Problems
It starts with your phone call. We answer our phones 24/7, and we will carefully listen to your wildlife problem. Every case is different, so we will ask appropriate questions to help
us understand the situation better. Questions like, "do you hear the noises at night or during the daytime?" or "what type of roof do you have?" After we have a general idea of your
situation, we can provide a ballpark price range, and schedule a same-day or next-day appointment to inspect your property.
INSPECTION: Once on site, we will perform a full inspection of your home and property. This allows us to use the correct strategy and
traps. If the animals are in an attic, a full building inspection is crucial, including the following:
- All ground-level areas, such as piper or A/C line entry & exit areas, A/C chase bottoms, ground-level vents, etc.
- All mid-level areas, such as dryer vents, siding gaps, first floor eaves or dormers, etc.
- We inspect the entire roof, including all plumbing stacks, ridge caps, vents, and other potential gaps or holes.
- We also inspect inside your attic, to identify animals and damage they have caused.
- If the animals are outside, we notice many subtle clues that will assist us in a successful strategy.
TRAPPING, EXCLUSION, REMOVAL: Once we understand what animal species we are dealing with, and the problem, we use the most effective means of removing the animals. We use dozens of different types of traps.
- Trapping - If trapping the animal(s) in live cage traps, trap type, set, and location are crucial to success.
- Exclusion - Oftentimes, we are able to simply set one-way doors or other exclusion devices that allow the animals inside a building to safely exit, but never get back inside.
- Removal By Hand - Sometimes we actually remove animals by hand, or with special tools like snare poles.
- The Law - In all cases, we obey state and local laws regarding wildlife, but aim to take the most humane approach.
ENTRY HOLE REPAIRS: Repairs are a crucial step in the wildlife removal process. In many cases, such as bat or rodent control, the job cannot be performed without detailed repairs, and in
all cases, sealing the entry holes shut ensures that no future wildlife will ever enter your home.
- 100% of the entry holes must be found, and sealed shut, or the job is not complete.
- Our repairs are professional contractor grade, look good, and when applicable we use steel, which rodents such as rats or squirrels are unable to chew through.
- We give a written guarantee on our repairs against any future animal entry.
ATTIC DECONTAMINATION SERVICES: It may be desirable to clean your attic after we've removed the animals. They can leave behind large amounts of droppings,
urine, hair, oils, food, nesting material, and so on. These remnants can attract insects like cockroaches, and the scent left behind can encourage new animals to chew their way into your
house. You might experience odor problems from the waste. It's possible that mold will grow on waste areas.
- We remove or vacuum all droppings, or remove all the soiled insulation.
- We fog the attic with a special enzyme-based cleaner that destroys any organic matter and deodorizes the space.
- We repair damage, such as ductwork, electrical wires, pipes, insulation, and more.
The above are just a brief explanation of some of our methods. I haven't even addressed the hundreds of other potential cases that we deal with, from bat exclusions, to poison-free rodent control, to dead animal removal, bird roosting
prevention, mole trapping in a yard, ground-based exclusion barriers around a shed, etc. etc. Just give us a call any time, and we can describe in detail how we will resolve your specific wildlife problem.
Huntsville's wildlife will always
be a reminder that we live in the south.
From snakes, to gators, and armadillos; we
have it all. So if you are having problems
with our wildlife living on your property
or in your home rent free, please feel free
to give us a call. Our team is licensed and
trained in trapping and removing wildlife as well
as performing inspections and repairs to prevent
wildlife critters from returning.
We service the following cities:
New Hope, Gurley, Owens Cross Roads,
Triana, Harvest, Hazel Green,
Meridianville, New Market,
Redstone Arsenal, Big Cove,
Brownsboro, Chase, Hobbs Island,
Maysville, Monrovia, Moontown
Plevna, Rainbow, Ryland, Toney,
We also service the following counties:
Lincoln County, Franklin County,
Jackson County, Marshall County,
Morgan County, and Limestone County.
Other Huntsville animal pest control topics:
How to Trap an Armadillo
How to Get Rid of Skunks
House Mouse Prevention Tips
How to Kills Bats
To learn more about our services, visit the Huntsville wildlife control
This month's wildlife how-to article: Armadillo Prevention Tips: How To Keep Armadillos Away
Armadillo Prevention Tips: How To Keep Armadillos Away
Armadillo is a very gentle creature in nature and they do not tend to harm you unless they are chased and
frightened. This is true that this animal starts digging holes, create burrows in search for foods at the
yard and thus destroy the property. But there is no need to kill them to eradicate them from the yard rather
with some patience and small research this hardy creature can be easily eliminated from the yard, garden and
other properties at minimal cost.
Here are the ways to prevent Armadillos:
Buying and installing an armadillo fence is the best option to eliminate them but make sure the fence is hard
enough and go under the ground few feet. The reason is this animal is very good at digging and anything less
than few feet will make their way to the garden again.
Use Unappealing odor:
These creatures have strong sense of smell and this can be used to eliminate them from the flower bed. Some
special plants are available that looks good to the eyes but emit an odd odor that is not appealing or hospitable
which keep the armadillo away from the flower bed.
Keep predator at home:
Predators like outdoor dogs can deter the armadillo successfully. Keep outdoor dogs especially at night and both
its noise and smell will keep the offending pests away from your house, yard and other property.
In case you are tired of all other methods, this is the one that will help you to get rid of the armadillo from your
yard. Buy multiple live traps and set them near the burrow entrance. The trap can be bait with earthworms in a nylon
stocking. Once they are captured in the trap, relocate them far away from your home so that they can’t come back. The
best way is to place them near water source so that they will not bother anyone and it will be good for you and other
families as well.
Other natural remedies:
Predator urine is one of the best natural remedies for armadillo which if sprinkled in the yard in every few days,
will discourage the armadillo from coming to the yard.
Cayenne pepper is another useful remedy to keep the armadillo away from your property. Sprinkle it all over the
garden and you will easily get free from that nuisance pest.